These days, it can seem like there are more recruiting events than recruiters. There are dozens of conferences, un-conferences, webinars, seminars, forums, expos, tweet-ups and meet-ups all fighting for time on your calendar and money from your budget. These are incredibly exciting times for our industry, which means it is even more important that we venture out of our offices and join the conversations being had about the future of our profession.
Late last week, we announced a partnership with RecruitingBlogs.com to produce one of the most exciting events in our industry, RecruitFest!. While this is not a new event (in fact, it was the first un-conference in the recruiting space) far more of you have heard about RecruitFest! than have actually attended. I hope this is the year that changes!
There is no other event like RecruitFest! Trust me on this one. If you have attended in the past, then you know what I am talking about. I’ll see you in Boston in October. If you are wondering what all of this excitement is about, then here are a five reasons why you should attend RecruitFest! 2010:
- Big ideas, not just big names. RecruitFest! will offer the venue for those of us with passion for recruiting to tackle big issues. I guarantee you’ll be impressed by the lineup of presenters and track leaders, especially if you become one of them! We’ll be looking to the front lines of recruiting for current best- and next-practices to bring into the discussion. Are you the next “big name” in recruiting?
- RecruitFest! is not just an event, it’s a movement. By the time we gather in Boston- we’ll have had countless conversations as a group, and be ready to tackle issues instead of level-set knowledge. This could just be the first conference of its kind with pre-work! This is not a 101 audience, and the conversations will not be basic. Promise.
- Big value, not a big price tag. Don’t judge RecruitFest! by its price tag. Consider the event subsidized. I couldn’t be more proud that Monster is underwriting this event. Keeping ticket prices affordable is critical to ensuring the best, and most passionate practitioners are able to attend.
- Seeing vendors and emerging technologies through a new lens. Vendors play a critical role in enabling change and progress in our industry. Unfortunately, many times that all gets lost in sales and product “pitch”. RecruitFest! sponsors will join the dialogue, not set-up booths. Our hope is this will help you become closer to your suppliers and create an outlet for collaborative problem-solving.
- Business planning for 2011 will be so much easier! RecruitFest! attendees will return to the office with fresh ideas, actionable plans, and a rejuvenated network of like-minded recruiting professionals just in time for year-end planning. What more could you ask for?
Can you tell I am a little excited? What do you look for when deciding where to invest your time and money in attending a conference? What can we do to make RecruitFest! the event you look forward to for the next 6 months?